Jacqueline Scheib chairs the firm's Intellectual Property and Technology Group. Her experience includes the following:
- Prosecuting, maintaining, and enforcing trademark and copyright registrations and rights; establishing trade secret programs; and counseling on packaging and advertising matters
- Counseling on and negotiation of technology licensing and development, acquisitions, outsourcing, management, maintenance and servicing agreements, including in the context of healthcare, implementation of electronic medical record systems, health information exchange platforms, and claim processing and clinical information systems.
- Advising on and structuring mechanisms for the creation, exploitation, transfer, and protection of intellectual property worldwide
- Negotiating, providing solutions for, and documenting numerous aspects of doing business online, including website development, terms governing site use, website content distribution, cobranding, linking and framing agreements, and resolution of domain name disputes
- Counseling on joint ventures, strategic alliances, and mergers and acquisitions, as well as on commercial contract needs, including sales agreements and purchase contracts, distribution agreements, terms and conditions, service and consulting agreements, sales representative agreements, and nondisclosure agreements
Ms. Scheib works with a wide variety of clients but has particular depth of experience handling healthcare, consumer product, and food and beverage clients. Ms. Scheib has been listed in The Best Lawyers in America© in the area of Trademark Law since 2012, in the area of Copyright Law since 2015, and in the area of Information Technology Law in 2010 and 2011. She has also been recognized as one of the Hartford Business Journal's "40 Under Forty."
Prior to joining Robinson+Cole, Ms. Scheib served as a law clerk to Connecticut Supreme Court Justices Richard N. Palmer and Francis M. McDonald.