Robinson+Cole counsels companies of all sizes on general corporate matters, and our lawyers frequently serve as outside general counsel for private companies without in-house legal teams. We provide corporate services for clients across all industries, such as retail, consumer goods, food and beverage, technology, energy, software, manufacturing, and publishing. Whatever the industry, we work to gain a thorough understanding of each client’s business and unique challenges, in order to provide personalized and effective advice and solutions.
We advise U.S. and foreign-based clients in connection with incorporation and formation of business entities, joint ventures, corporate governance, compensation, recapitalization, and the structure and terms of contracts for the sale and distribution of products and services, such as management agreements, services agreements, distribution agreements, agency relationships, requirements contracts, technology licenses, manufacturing agreements, and supply contracts.
We also counsel clients with respect to the application of the Uniform Commercial Code, creditors' rights, antitrust and trade regulation compliance, international sales conventions, and protection of trade secrets, trademarks, and other intellectual property rights.
Robinson+Cole regularly advises publicly listed and private clients and their boards of directors and officers with respect to corporate governance matters as well as evolving local, state, and federal laws and regulations. We counsel management and boards of directors both through ordinary operational issues and with respect to unusual transactional matters.
Our lawyers have extensive experience in the following areas:
* Best practices with respect to corporate bylaws and certificates of incorporation
* Conflict-of-interest, related party transactions, executive compensation, and ethics policies for boards, officers, and senior management
* Board and committee governance matters, including structure
* Director and Officer liability, insurance, and indemnification
* Director and Officer fiduciary duties and responsibilities
* Compliance and risk management policies and programs, including codes of conduct, anti-corruption, and data security
* Shareholder communications
* Voting policies, voting agreements, and other corporate control efforts
* special committee representation and internal investigations
Our clients benefit from the advice of our lawyers who focus their practices in intellectual property; labor, employment, and benefits; finance; environmental, construction, and real estate; litigation; and tax law. Our experience enables us to cost-effectively meet all of the legal needs of large companies with complex transactions.
Representation of EVOL Foods, an organic and natural food manufacturer, in a variety of corporate matters and financing transactions, including a revolving line of credit for working capital purposes.