Managed care organizations and health insurers face unique regulatory, legal, and economic challenges. Navigating the evolving landscape of state and federal health benefits law requires far-reaching experience and a real understanding of the managed care and health insurance business. Robinson+Cole lawyers have both.
We regularly represent managed care and health insurance clients in a wide range of matters, including the following:
• administrative hearings before state and federal regulators
• disputes under prompt pay statutes
• Medicaid-managed care
• Medicare Part D
• market conduct litigation
• ERISA compliance and health claim litigation
• out-of-network provider reimbursement
• utilization review requirements
• state licensure
• antitrust government investigations
Effective Case Management
We have represented managed care and health insurance clients for more than two decades as outside general counsel in litigation, corporate, and regulatory matters that include the following:
• national managed care organizations operating public and private sector health plans
• insurers in the individual and small group markets
• pharmacy benefit managers
• excess loss carriers
• third-party administrators
• self-funded employer groups
In addition, we have served as general counsel to the Connecticut Life and Health Insurance Guaranty Association for over 10 years.
Our lawyers have significant experience in defending against class action litigation, providing regulatory compliance counseling, and participating in the contract negotiation process. In addition, we regularly collaborate with the firm's nonlawyer lobbyists in developing regulatory and political solutions to our clients' needs.